TNLA Education & Research Foundation
Growing to meet the demands of an ever-changing industry, in 1992 a successful 26-yearold scholarship program was expanded to become the TNLA Education & Research Foundation. A seven-member Board of Trustees plus two staff members manage the business of the Foundation.
THE MAIN PURPOSES OF THE FOUNDATION ARE:
• To award funds to horticulture/ landscape students for their continued education
• To award funds for research in horticulture/landscape areas of interest in Texas.
HOW IS THE FOUNDATION FUNDED?
Funding comes from individuals and companies making special contributions. No money collected from members of TNLA automatically goes to the Foundation. It is a separate corporation with a separate budget. That is why donations to the Foundation are so important to the Green Industry. Foundation donations can be individual or corporate and are deductible as a charitable gift. The Foundation accepts named scholarships in honor of a person of the donor’s choosing on short- and long-term arrangements. TNLA Regions I, II, IV, and V have chosen to support the Foundation by making annual donations to support a scholarship.
WHY SUPPORT THE FOUNDATION?
The Green Industry is constantly evolving, presenting more opportunities and challenges to those who work in the industry. Some of the changes that are affecting the industry and shaping its future are:
• Decreasing support for agricultural research;
• Decreasing public support for educational institutions, the source of progress in plant material, pest management, and maintenance strategies;
• Decreasing number of students who perceive horticulture as a desirable profession.
Investing in the future direction of the Green Industry through the TNLA Education and Research Foundation will:
• Establish a strong tradition of horticultural philanthropy;
• Build the available pool of research dollars;
• Contribute to the education of students;
• Seek the best and brightest of our students and encourage them in their studies.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
May 1st is the deadline to apply for a scholarship. Download the application form here.
TNLA E&R Mission
TNLA Education & Research Foundation Mission
To advance in the broadest sense the environmentally beneficial use of plants, and the interests of the nursery/landscape industry in Texas, through funding education and research.
Money collected from members of TNLA does not go to the Foundation. It is a separate corporation set up to support the continued education of persons interested in the nursery/landscape field, as well as to fund research that will further the interests of those already in the industry.